Cleaning vinyls and keeping your records in good condition is one of the most important things you can do when trying to sell vinyl.
Any time you’re selling an item, there are certain things you can’t control. What you can control is how well you take care of your product! And before you ask, a tattered record doesn’t add to the “vintage” appeal. It just makes your record look like trash.
Making sure your records are in good condition is one of the most important things you can do to make a profit when selling your records in Kansas City. When being evaluated, your vinyl and record condition will be rated on codes. Sealed or mint condition records are going to be your best bet to make some cash. So, you’re selling any records that haven’t been opened or have barely been used, your odds of getting something substantial in return are going to increase.
For those that don’t have that luxury, that doesn’t mean all is lost! You can still make money from records so long as you take care of them. Some easy things you can do to take care of your record include:
- Don’t leave your records sitting out. Instead, put them in their jacket after each use.
- Clean your record with an actual record cleaning brush, which you can get online or at most music stores.
- Store your records in an upright position. Slanting them or laying them flat can cause damage to the record.
- Don’t stack records on top of one another. This puts both the record and the jacket at potential risk of damage.
- Store your records in a cool, dry place.
Some of these tips may seem like no-brainers, but they’re easy to forget when you’re lost in the music! Following these steps will ensure that you get the most out of your used records.
Get Your Vinyl Equipment at The Vinyl Underground at 7th Heaven!
No matter where you live in the KC metro, 7th Heaven isn’t hard to get to. Located at 76th & Troost, we’re ready to welcome you! The Vinyl Underground is full of vinyl record equipment, including items that can help keep your records in great condition. If it has to do with vinyl, we’ve got you covered.
Come visit us. We’re open 11am to 8pm Mon-Sat and 11am to 6pm Sundays.