- At least, if you’re on the west coast, you’ve enjoyed some beautiful JBD glass creations. These functional pipes were scientifically designed to get you as high as possible so you could trip out on the elaborate artwork on the bongs, bubblers, and pipes.
- The story of Jerome Baker Designs begins when founder Jason Harris was blessed enough to apprentice under Bob Snodgrass, who really started the modern pipemaking industry.
- Mr. Snodgrass’s influence has spread to tens of thousands of pipe makers from his headquarters in Eugene, Oregon. (Before Jason was a apprentice of the wizard, he had to first make his way to Alaska to save money to buy the necessary equipment.)
- When Jerry Garcia passed away, Jason moved to Eugene and first incorporated Jerome Baker Designs. He hired friends he’d met on the Grateful Dead tour. Friends who had nothing better to do than blow glass in Eugene, Oregon.
- Jason met many cannabis community farmers during this period. He has maintained many of these relationships to this day. You can experience decades worth of cannabis wisdom by enjoying JB Cannabis brands.
- JBD won the 1996 High Times Cannabis Cup “Best Product” and Second Place for Best Booth. and we won this past one 2018, best glass.
- In 1998, Jason hired Saeed Mohtadi as CEO, and they took JBD from $350,000 a year to $400,000 right away. They developed 21 different styles of bongs for celebrities and rock stars of the late nineties and early 2000s.
- JBD won multiple High Times cannabis cups in Europe. At the 2002 High Times Cannabis Cup Award, JBD took home the “Best Glass” award.
- In 2003, however, Jason Harris was arrested in Operation Pipe Dreams, along with Tommy Chong and 55 others. JBD had 70 employees at the time.
- Jason himself focused on Maui Glass Designs, where he created luxury glass art installations for homes and business.
- JBD, meanwhile, pivoted to become a lifestyle and apparel brand until legalization was under way in the following decade when JBD would re-established itself as a leader in artistic flameworking/pipemaking community.
- JBD was on the frontlines. The brand attended the first High Times Cannabis Cup in a U.S. jurisdiction where cannabis had been legalized. JBD made headlines when it made a nug jug capable holding one pound of cannabis for Snoop Dogg in collaboration with Nastee Glass.
- JBD is represented today in hundreds of collections globally. Today JBD has a presence in Germany , Spain , Australia and Canada . Jerome Baker was recently named one of the top ten glassbklowers in the United States by the Cannabis News Update. Jerome Baker Designs also won the 2018 High Times Cannabis Cup for ” Best Glass” in Sanoma county and took home a second place in ” Best Glass ” in Sacramento 2018 High Times Cannabis Cup